ACM History Committee -- Projects Completed
ACM Archive hosted by CBI
Posted Thursday, May 22nd, 2008
- ACM has chosen the Charles Babbage Institute (CBI)
as the repository for the ACM Archive, an extensive collection of
internal ACM records, conference proceedings, research-based journals,
magazines, and the personal papers and edited interviews of
legendary figures that span the history of computing.
(See the news
- Interviews Completed
- Digitizing Interviews for the National Museum of American History, Smithsonian Institution
- Franz Alt interview: February 24, 1969
- CODASYL (Conference on Data System Languages): May 27, 1969
- Ralph Griswold: May 14, 1972, May 21, 1972, and May 28, 1972
- Herbert R. Grosch: July 15, 1970, August 24, 1970, August 28, 1970, November 9, 1970, March 30, 1971, May 7, 1971
- Alston Scott Householder: July 20, 1970
- Harry Huskey and Mrs. Huskey: March 9, 1972, April 19, 1973
- John Mauchly: June 22, 1970, January 10, 1973, February 6, 1973, February 23, 1973
- Initiated the ACM Turing Award Web site
- A prototype has been completed by the ACM Publications Board.
- Comprehensive catalog of extant interviews of ACM presidents and Turing Award winners
- There is a comprehensive web site at http://history.acm.org
Special issue of CACM
A special issue of CACM appeared in May 2007.