Febrary 2004 Conference Call
Febrary 10, 2004
12:30PM - 1:30PM EDT
Present: Rick Snodgrass, David Wise, Bill Aspray, Tom Haigh, Mark Scott Johnson, Beth Kaplan, and Pat Ryan.
- We discussed the draft ACM History Initiative in detail, making the following changes.
- Remove "DRAFT" from the title.
- Revised Section 2, item 2, as per Beth, and added a fourth task there.
- Removed mention of the relocation of ACM HQ.
- Revised Section 2, item 4, last paragraph, to mention appointing volunteer
- Editor, under the Awards Committee.
- Changed committee budget to $10K per year. Removed mention of Awards
- Changed name of second activity in Section 3 per Beth.
- Reworded Turing Award site prose in Section 3.
- Removed separate parent and SIGs column in budget table. Updated amounts.
Replaced Turing Award Web Site amounts with asterisks.
- Mentioned fall SGB meeting.
- Mentioned Standing History Committee in first paragraph of Section 4.
- Moved third item in Later Projects to top.
- Corrected Bill's name.
The final version will be distributed to EC in advance of their budgetary meeting on
Friday February 20.
- We'll revisit this when the funding has been finalized.
- We decided that the minutes of the January 2004 in-person meeting would be an
extension of this report, primarily a substantial elaboration of Section 4 on future
- Finally, we decided that the next conference call would be scheduled when needed,
perhaps after the EC meeting or the Council meeting.