September 2008 Conference Call
History Committee Conference Call, September 11, 2008, 4:00-5:00 PM Eastern Time
Participants: Bill Aspray, Mary Hall, Len Shustek, Rick Snodgrass, and David S. Wise
- Discussion of new members for HC
We'll work with Alex Wolf, chair of the SIG Governing Board, to appoint a SGB liaison.
On October 14 David Mary will represent HC to the ACM Pubs Board in their meeting at HQ.
We discussed possible new interviews to commission.
Scheduling spring face-to-face meeting.
We need to schedule this soon, possibly colocating the HC spring f2f
meeting with another ACM unit, either in NY or west coast.
- We tentatively agreed to some historians to invite to the committee.
- SIG representation?
The list from PubsBd for one hour.
- Archive and Access to Referee Reports (25 minutes)
- Current policies and practice
- Who should have the rights to access reviews?
- How should an access policy be administered?
- Turing Award Site (10 minutes)
- Plans for content on the TA site
- Open access to papers by Turing Awardees: proposed implementation
- Proposed New Content for the DL (25 min)
- Classic books initiative
- (old) AFIPS Proceedings
- ACM MemberNet
- USACM reports
- ACM Reports: curricula, globalization, etc.
- Interviews "journal"
- Journal jump off page for each journal